JOB SUMMARY: Support responsibilities for Sales Department. Responsible for customer service for NAFTA sales, sample requests and other inquiries. Responsible for processing commercial orders for assigned territory. Answers customer inquiries regarding seed availability and seed releases. Work on allocations and prorates. Provides back up for the main phone line. Assist in training new hires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Receives, researches and promptly answers customer inquiries regarding product, seed quality, pricing and availability. Proactively keeps customer updated on their booking, order status and shipment date. Sends customer a copy of the ship order with all details listed for their confirmation prior to preparing the order for shipment. Prepare sales reports customized for Area Sales Managers and customer needs.
- Review bookings left to ship, spot orders and open orders. Determine seed availability for current orders and future orders. Assist with prorates on short inventory. View bookings versus inventory. You are required to be watchful to not over treat and to use up remnant lots whenever possible.
- Receives and answers inquiries and requests from customers regarding seed availability, seed quality and pricing.
- Select inventory lots that meet country/state and/or import permit requirements.
- Follow through and follow up to make sure orders are processed timely. Assist in prioritizing and resolving schedule conflicts when needed. Notify Customer Service Manager when order processing schedule conflicts exist and cannot be worked out with other departments.
- Follow up on customer inquiries and researches to assure satisfactory completion. Must be able to provide technical product information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to customers upon request.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders, seed releases, samples, seed availability delegates and takes orders as needed.
- Audits letters of credit, update customer profiles and country phytosanitary requirements. Keep current on country/state and international weed restrictions and customer requirements for palletization and shipping. Work closely with Quality/Lab and Documents/Inventory Planner to request documents per customer requirements. Request outside lab reports when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties, assists with reports and performs other projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager or Facility Operations Manager. Perform back-up duties and support for others in Customer Service. Have a working knowledge of all CSR assigned territories when needed for backup, so shipments will not be delayed.
- Work with Finance and the Sales staff to solve credit, incorrect pricing and seed return issues. Assist in the research and resolution of Product Inquiries (complaints).
- Work with PD (Product Development) Coordinator and Area Sales Manager in the processing of trial sample orders as needed. CSR may be required to prepare custom tracking reports for the PD Coordinator or Area Sales Managers as requested.
- Cross train within the department to learn internal processes, procedures and customer preferences associated with Sakata products.
- Attend at least one personal improvement seminar each year.
- Has the ability to negotiate prices for non-standard seed lots with the approval of Sales Management.
- Daily reviews the Open Order Report to determine seed availability for current orders, back orders and future needs.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to shipping options, wrong products, returned goods, discounts (within guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reminds customers about ordering higher levels per invoice to achieve better terms.
- Proactively make customer calls to confirm shipment dates, discuss seed availability for spot orders, update contract status and support various Area Sales Managers as required. Follow up with customer to confirm arrivals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal budgets and monthly sales goals.
- Prepares sales reports customized for customers needs.
- Must have excellent telephone manner and speaking ability.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills, proficient in Word, Excel and other computer applications.
- Must be detail oriented and must be able to multi-task.
- Customer service or related experience required.
- Must be outgoing and motivated.
- Stay informed and current on international pesticide laws and requirements.
- Keep manager informed of issues developing
- Seed experience, sales, and supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com