JOB SUMMARY: Provides administrative services to the President/CEO and senior executive leadership in support of executive office operations. Serves as liaison for communications with senior staff, coordinates administrative support for project management, chairs certain task groups as assigned. Monitors and provides follow-up for key programs and initiatives of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Performs work of a highly confidential nature and coordinates administrative support for President/CEO and senior executive leadership.
- Coordinates project administration and makes decisions effecting project timelines and layout.
- Serves as liaison between the president and the Executive Committee, senior management and project managers.
- Takes independent action on handling requests; determines the appropriate course of action, intervenes where necessary, and acts as liaison between departments.
- Arranges and maintains a reasonably smooth-flowing electronic calendar for the President/CEO and senior executive leadership and ensures that the appropriate materials are available for meetings. Takes initiative to reschedule appointments when necessary.
- Drafts confidential correspondence, edits documents, takes and transcribes minutes of meetings, and performs other administrative and secretarial duties. Routes and answers routine correspondence not requiring executive’s attention to ensure timely and accurate response. Handles the president’s incoming mail according to content and takes action accordingly. As needed, will assist the President in handling his email traffic.
- Utilizes advanced Microsoft Office skills and other technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendars, emails and other technical applications in order to update and maintain systems and files necessary to support information requirements of assigned executive.
- Coordinates complex domestic and international travel, hotel, car arrangements and seminar/convention registration for the President/CEO. May be on call outside of normal business hours to support President/CEO during domestic and foreign trips. Assemble business data needed for meetings.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an effective communications system for the President and senior executive leadership including cell phone, voice-mail and email.
- Responsible for the orderly establishment, maintenance and retrieval of filed information, electronic data and correspondence daily to ensure immediate access to file data for execution of executives’ duties.
- Must have ability to communicate very effectively, orally and in writing. Must have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation; and thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Must have solid working knowledge of office processes and of related computer software and electronic communications tools. Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Must have ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all duties assigned. Must be able to perform a variety of secretarial assignments requiring a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management, fellow employees and the general public. Must be culturally sensitive and able to interact with individuals from other cultural origins.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, possess a high level of initiative and ingenuity.
- Must present a professional image at all times both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Bilingual (English/Japanese) and/or (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
- BA/BS in business or related field required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum five years’ experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com