JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include all facets of product development for the assigned territory. Develops product development action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define company objectives and goals. Duties include coordinating and implementing product development strategies as defined by the Area Sales Managers, Assistant Sales Managers and Product Development Managers active in the region under the guidance of the Western Regional Sales Manager. Planting, monitoring, and evaluating field trials for the assigned territory. Responsible for maintaining appropriate product development reports and files. Must utilize expense account with prudent judgment. Supports activities in other Western regions as needed.
TERRITORY: Ohio, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Promotes company products to achieve maximum market penetration and customer interest to attain both short and long-range product developmental growth.
- Establishes and attains product development goals.
- Create and establish positive relationships with customers by:
- Visiting customer fields.
- Arranging for trial locations.
- Follow-up (by phone or visit).
- Establishing professional customer relationships.
- Product development of experimental varieties of all species in the assigned regions with dealers, growers and shippers.
- Helps develop and recommends product development strategies. Helps analyze and defines the regional market for company product growth.
- Maintains effective budgetary controls of expenses.
- Prepares monthly activity report and activity schedule
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Performs any directly related or other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
- Maintains appropriate sales and marketing reports and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including excellent working knowledge of the vegetable industry.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in the sales field and seed industry. Basic computer knowledge, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Product Development experience in the seed industry desired.
- An undergraduate college degree in marketing, business administration, crop science or agriculture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to work under different weather conditions such as extremes in temperature and must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds when necessary to complete job functions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $59,800 to $70,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.