JOB SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to assist the plant breeders in the collection of data to validate or deny G3 advancement of current G2 products in tomato, Hot and sweet pepper, watermelon or other crops as needed. This position will assist in the planning, placement, and evaluation of off-station research trials primarily in the mid-Atlantic states. Trials Coordinator works closely with Sales personnel, Product Managers and the Plant Breeding teams preparing trial plans and collecting the necessary data for product advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Set up, follow, and evaluate off-station G2 hybrid trials in the territory. Assists in the trial evaluations activities utilizing Phenome for data communication and storage. Coordinates and manages collecting yield data and reporting trial results.
- Create annual trialing plan for the advanced products with input from Trials Manager, local Sales personnel, Breeders, and Product Managers.
- Planting and coordinating Experimental trials for non-resident breeders of the Fort. Myers Research station. Reading these trials will be the responsibility of the breeder.
- Trials Coordinator will provide information and recommendations for product advancement to Breeders and Product Managers using trials data summary on a regular basis.
- Trial Coordinator should develop close working relationships with key growers, Seed dealers and Sakata sales personnel in the territory. And develop knowledge of cultural practices for key crops in the area.
- Trials Coordinator will organize field visits for internal and external visitors.
- Trials Coordinator will provide market information for key crops in the territory.
- Manages and coordinates others warm and cool season vegetable trials in the territory as needed.
- Trials Coordinator expect to attend most Field Days on East Coast and become familiar with these product line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to evaluate experimental hybrids and select potentially successful products.
- Must have knowledge of basic agriculture and vegetable production techniques.
- Must have basic knowledge of how a breeding program works.
- Must have the ability to organize and plan work effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with personnel within the company, growers, and dealers both verbally and in written form.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- B.S in plant agriculture required, M.S. preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years experience in plant agriculture or related area.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Seed industry knowledge or product development experience is highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work under different weather conditions such as extremes of temperature, rain, and dusty conditions.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to wear personal protective gear when required and/or necessary.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $47,000 to $59,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com