JOB SUMMARY: Manages the raw materials and finished product planners and activities. Responsible for inventory and specific lot attribute accuracy. Coordinates all finished goods planning, processing and packaging activities for the Operations Department within Supply Chain. Operations and Logistics Planning Manager is the subject matter expert for demand planning, and capacity planning while supporting various projects including monthly demand plans, Operations capacity optimization, integration of new businesses, and new product launches. This leader also facilitates each S&OP meeting to ensure the team is focused on the plan. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the logistics planner’s functions of the company Responsible for the performance of the following departments and related activities, inventory control (raw material), Manages and reports vegetable/ornamentals inventory in accordance with Company policy. Manages and coordinates inventory levels with designated representatives from Sales, Production and QA Departments. Use material planning techniques to schedule and generate work orders to meet inventory requirements and sales timelines. Communicate regularly with key personnel from departments on order status or issues that may arise
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for issuing system planned or manual release of work orders for the blending/conditioning/milling, treating and/or packaging of seed in a timely fashion and in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Responsible for monitoring daily workload of assigned employees.
- Works with the Senior Operations/Logistics Manager on Contract Production reporting.
- Review and analyze the forecast demand versus actual demand, understanding changes and trends
- Notify Scheduling and Manufacturing of significant forecast or capacity changes in a timely basis
- Responsible for training new personnel on ERP functions, along with planning, business and crop activities.
- Assist in the resolution of key supply-demand/service-cost issues
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of regularly scheduled planning meetings
- Create and drive continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and S&OP processes
- Responsible for budget creation and oversight of assigned departments.
- Responsible for yearly performance appraisals of signed direct reports and goal setting.
- Works with Inventory Control Team to maintain efficient workflow and accurate inventories.
- Monitors and schedules work orders in process to ensure completion on time or communicates unforeseeable delays to sales or key personnel in a timely manner.
- Leads the reviews and approvals for the control of all areas of functional responsibility including budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, departmental effectiveness and human utilization.
- Understands international documents for export shipments. These documents will include but not be limited to, Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Field Inspections, Canadian Certificates, Pro Forma Invoices, Export Invoices, NAFTA documentation for Mexico etc.
- Assists in planning activities as needed to include raw material and finished goods production work orders to clean size, treat and package inventory. Prepare documents for shipment with follow up correspondence to locations.
- Working with Sales to ensure planning activities are in line with sales demands.
- Coordinates activities of the logistics areas with other company functions. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have excellent record keeping, data collection, and reporting ability; attention to detail is essential.
- Must have the ability to lead business projects assigned.
- Must have ability to lead and supervise other employees to meet company goals
- Must have basic knowledge of ERP set up and costing.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability and discipline to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Familiarity with basic operating procedures and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be familiar with Material Resource Planning Systems or Enterprise Planning Systems or willing to learn. Must be familiar with logistics/ workflow.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required.
- BA or BS degree required preferably in business administration or related subject. MA or MS a plus.
- Must have a minimum of five years related experience.
- Must have a minimum of five years high level administrative experience preferably in a coordinator or supervisory role.
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
- Must be able to type and or work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to handle abnormal environmental conditions (inventory in cold room)
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com