JOB SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive administrative support for Production Department. Works closely with other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective Production support service to achieve departmental goals and objectives. Responsible for general office services for branch facility. Responsible for preparing reports and various other forms of correspondence for staff members.
Maintains inventory, office supplies, equipment and arranges repairs and maintenance. Performs accounting and budget functions. Assist Agronomist, Site / Production Manager as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Print grower contract for Agronomist/Manager. Collects signed contracts, files, copies, and send originals to Production Financial Analyst.
- Assists Agronomists, Site/Production Manager as needed.
- Commercial Production – prepares contracts for growers utilizing CRW’s and sends to Branch Manager and Morgan Hill for approval. Reviews prepared Phytosanitary Inspection forms for field inspection of crops and sends phytos to State of California so field inspection numbers can be assigned. Tracks, organizes, and requests Phyto Certificates and Disease Letters from Counties after seed is shipped out. Sends copies to Morgan Hill for final sale of seed.
- Monitor progress on Commercial Grower Payments per contract, issued by Production Financial Analyst.
- Review grower invoices with supporting documentation, before sending to Production Financial Analyst for payment.
- Assists in keeping weekly Crop Status Report WCSR for Sacramento Valley as wells as for Stockseed / Experimental grown at WIC Farm updated.
- Prepares and maintains master files on Commercial and SS/Exp. releases.
- Maintains information on commercial and SS/Exp. crops updated in D365(computer system). Orders field supplies as needed. Coordinates production activities for Sacramento Valley office, order supplies, food, lodging, etc.
- Experimental and Stockseed Production – Prepares contracts and assists with phytos for farm crops. Assists in keeping information on experimental and Stockseed production updated in D365. Keeps Weekly Crop Status Report WCSR updated. and sends Crop Status Change to Production Financial Analyst.
- Accounting – Maintains invoice files on all purchases made for Sacramento Valley Branch. Codes and reviews all invoices for Branch Manager approval. Reconciles end of month statements. Maintains vendor information, W-9’s, and files.
- Maintains records on cost of labor and purchases made for Commercial, Stockseed, and experimental production.
- Assists in planning and managing Sacramento Valley budget as needed.
- Receiving Seed- Production Coordinator collects Report as Finished (RAF) for each Commercial and SS/Exp. crops from OPS. When seed has been received into inventory. This information will then be used to update WCRS.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
- Must have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, and knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Must also have knowledge of methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to interface effectively with management, fellow employees and the general public.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have excellent typing skills, mathematical aptitude and writing ability.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum four years office services experience required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type or work at computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com