JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning activities for the Production Department which include the analysis of marketable yield, production costs, and seed quality. Responsible for creating the crop production supply plan which includes field sowing/transplanting and recipe information. Reviews the field estimates for each production area to monitor and report if a backup production is needed due to a crop status change. Responsible for planning using MRP system. Works with Production Planning Manager, Stockseed Manager, and Stockseed Coordinator to ensure timely shipments of all Stockseed for all crops assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze and develop the production plan for assigned species according to sales demand while respecting profitability & operational constraints.
- Responsible for short-term and long-term planning and forecasting; utilizing MRP, BI, and other analytical tools and reports.
- Works closely with Finance to review production cost projections for current crop placements.
- Review production estimates for assigned species, providing counter production options as needed for low estimates or crop failures.
- Monitors the lot quality through grower payment and marketable seed release, provides root cause analysis for quality issues that are suspected from the production field.
- Responsible for the Crop Business Plan for assigned species, which involves a high level view of production strategy, history, and projections.
- Works cross-functionally with Breeders, Stockseed Manager, and Product Managers to provide input on stockseed and foundation seed demand planning.
- Distribution of Crop Release Worksheets to all growing locations for commercial and stockseed crop plans for assigned crops.
- Assists in allocating lots to production plans for assigned species with approval of Stockseed Manager to ensure quantity and quality is acceptable for planned productions.
- Communicates quality tests needed for Purchased seed with Stockseed Coordinator.
- Responsible to ensure the stock seed lots have proper disease test results and seed has been treated according to production location requirements. Ensure that all lot quality is communicated to greenhouse and/or production location.
- Responsible for stock seed shipments to the greenhouse or production area for assigned species, ensuring they are shipped on time.
- Maintains GSPR (Global Stockseed Product Review) for assigned species.
- Participates and contributes in group projects across multiple teams according to role/scope.
- Responsible for global yield reporting for both commercial and stockseed productions for assigned species and other global reports and develops presentations as assigned.
- Responsible for UAT testing for D365 process improvement projects for the planning team.
- Responsible for BOM setup and maintenance in D365 for assigned products.
- Works with Field Agronomists and Species Specialists (A-Segments) to ensure recipes are up to date.
- Effectively participates with professionalism in collaborative meetings among multiple levels of internal stakeholders (peers, colleagues, middle and upper management).
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to understand market, sales and supply trends to anticipate, prepare and develop a strategy to build and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Communicates crop plan with all production areas (domestic and international) for assigned species and updates areas as needed with changes to the production plan.
- Communicates with Inventory Technician and Seed Enhancement to ensure timely delivery of production orders and assist if any changes need to be made to the schedule or production order
- Works with functional managers and leadership team to identify and prioritize bottlenecks and constraints for continual process improvement.
- Adapts to changes in the organization with resourcefulness and strives to increase productivity and improve standards.
- Identify gaps in processes/strategies, proposes corrective actions, takes calculated risks and executes action plan.
- Must have experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems and basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) setup.
- Ability to give presentations and speak effectively before small groups
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Familiarity with basic standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills (i.e. PowerPoint, oral, and written), interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, problem solving/decision making, teamwork and planning/organizing skills.
- BA in business administration, agriculture or related field highly desired or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years planning experience in production, inventory, planning or related area required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a seed production or logistics environment highly desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to production fields and other locations <10%
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com