JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the new crop inquiry process between the SAH Sales and Production Departments. Follow up on any new crop problems and work with the sales managers to ensure there is a satisfactory resolution. Maintaining and reviewing Phenome for accurate product life cycle data and D365 variety numbers. Communicating our local product life cycle codes and global life cycle codes with SSC. Work with IT to provide necessary BI reports to the sales department. Ensure that dealer agreements are sent every year. Lead the variety reduction process for long and obsolete items in inventory. Lead the planning process for the annual sales meeting. Lead the maintenance of the Product Review Sheet in D365. Maintain the product information in the Item Variety table in D365. Responsible for supporting, maintaining and implementing projects for Senior Director of Vegetable Sales and Marketing. Communicate information and activities to Area Managers and Sales Managers. Provide technical and sales support for the Directors of Sales & Marketing, as well as other sales managers. Supervise and direct the activities of the Sales Support Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Supervise the Sales Project Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Manage the new crop inquiry process between Sales and Production.
- Gather new crop needs from product managers and share that information with the sales managers
- Works with Sales and Operation Planning on Forecasting.
- Manage the quarterly product review process by ensuring that the D365 screen is gathering correct data, scheduling quarterly meetings, and processing times, and posting the info on the file on Snapnet.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring accurate sales information on the product review sheet
- Follow-up on any new crop issues, either with amounts or timing, and ensuring there is a satisfactory resolution.
- Maintains product database in D365 Item Variety table with approved product information.
- Monitor names changes in the D365 Item Variety table
- Responsible for adding variety codes into Phenome and updating the G codes in the D365 Item Variety table
- Lead and assist in managing annual dealer agreement review and distribution via DocuSign
- Lead Sales OPEX budgets and Department/Capital Budget plan.
- Assist with preparing SAH SMT report.
- Track Sales Manager’s Monthly Report.
- Assist with planning and execution Annual Sales Meeting.
- Work with internal/external area managers on monthly reports, BI reports, OPEX review.
- Company Events (Volunteer with setup/Cleanup for CAST, Annual Trials).
- Attend Annual Field Day in Salinas and WIC, Florida, Yuma, PNW.
- Attend Global Produce & Floral Show when local.
- Variety Naming: Communicate with USDA to clear and release new names.
- Team Lead Member. Assist with PPT and attend and participate in meeting.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic, and of office practices and procedures. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- BA/BS in business or related field preferred
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Must be computer literature and have extensive experience with spreadsheet and world processing programs. Must have working knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $67,000 – $85,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com