JOB SUMMARY: Colleague will be responsible for supporting the Supply Chain organization to drive profitability through data analysis, cost reduction, and process improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Analyze monthly supply chain costs, variances, internal and external spend, purchases capital investments and provide insights and trigger action plans when needed, ensuring the right financial information is reported and forecasted, highlighting key variances and trends.
- Conduct financial analysis to identify areas of improvement within the field production, logistics, operations, and QA, including cost drivers, trends, and opportunities for optimization including any ad hoc/strategic analysis, as requested.
- Cost Drivers to Manage:
- Inventory costs, including carrying costs, obsolescence, and stockouts
- Transportation costs, including freight, shipping, and handling fees
- Procurement costs, including supplier pricing, lead times, and payment terms
- Warehousing costs, including rent, utilities, and labor
- Quality control costs, including inspections, testing, and rework
- Provides commentaries to business stakeholders regarding the variance analysis from budget. Investigate and highlight to management/stakeholders any potential risks and/or opportunities.
- Delivers prompt and perceptive financial analysis to aid in making informed business decisions, while also comprehending the monthly and yearly performance of the business.
- Prepare automated monthly and quarterly financial reports for the supply chain organization,
- Develop and maintain financial models to monitor supply chain costs and provide insights to management for decision-making.
- Identify and track financial key performance indicators (KPIs) for the supply chain organization, including inventory turnover, order fulfillment, and transportation costs.
- Support the development of annual budgets, latest estimate (LE’s) forecasts, and strategic plans for the supply chain organization.
- Analyze supplier contracts and identifies opportunities to negotiate pricing and terms to drive cost savings.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Preparation, review and/or analysis of any capital requests as appropriate; tracking any actual spending vs budge vs depreciation expense for the department.
- Assist and monitor the impacts of inventory reserve (quality, excess and obsolete), with plans to potentially reduce inventory quantities on hand to ensure effective use of capital.
- Collaborate and partner with the finance team on cost saving initiatives to maximize gross margin improvements.
- Prepare cost analysis processes, procedures, and guidelines for the supply chain department.
- Protects supply chain and finance operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- 5+ years of financial experience, specifically in the areas of financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments and functions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and financial modeling
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and cost drivers, including logistics, transportation, and inventory management
- Experience with D365 & data analysis highly preferred
- Bi-lingual in Japanese or Spanish highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- MBA highly preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary: $84,000 – $112,00 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com