JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for various tasks during the daily operation of the Burlington research site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for seed harvesting, seed cleaning, and data entry of all breeder crops grown in the Burlington greenhouses
- Responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of seed cleaning equipment
- Responsible for managing seasonal contract laborers assigned to assist in harvest and seed cleaning activities
- Communicates and coordinates with breeding staff to prioritize harvesting and seed cleaning activities.
- Assists the Burlington greenhouse technician with sowing, transplanting, watering, pollinating, harvesting, and any other steps involved in the care of any and all crops
- Works with Farm Manager and others in the training and supervision of all seasonal contract laborers at this site
- Responsible for assisting on site breeder support and QA projects in a lab setting when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Must have basic computer knowledge including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to do accurate, detailed work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must be available for some overtime hours or weekend duty as needed.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish desirable but not required.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years agriculture experience required.
- Farm or greenhouse background highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid Washington driver’s license.
- Washington Private applicator pesticide license desirable but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to perform work in varying weather conditions.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear when required.
- Must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com