JOB SUMMARY: Provides excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries. First point of customer contact for general inquiries like pricing, products, scheduling etc. Builds and maintains business relationship with customers by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty.
Researches, evaluates, prepares, and distributes related sales data, OPEX and other data as assigned by Customer Service Manager or Director of Ornamentals & Solutions business groups. Lead for administrative management of quarterly team meetings and annual sales/new variety meeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for “account management” for customers as assigned.
- Receives purchase orders and order inquiries, research and responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding products, prices, and services. Quote’s pricing, special offers and negotiates special deals. Sends order confirmations to customers to confirm their orders prior to shipment.
- Responsible for all flower seed samples for domestic and/or international customers as assigned.
- Receives and answers inquiries regarding seed availability, seed quality and pricing.
- Follow up on customer inquiries and research to assure satisfactory completion. Must be able to provide technical product information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to customers upon request.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders, seed releases, samples, seed availability and other inquires.
- Writes up orders, mails catalogs, samples, price quotations and similar information to customers as required.
- Assists with reports and performs other projects as assigned by the department managers, and the Director of Ornamentals and Solutions business groups.
- Prepare various data driven reports at the direction of the Director of Ornamentals & Solutions including but not limited to, SAH Ornamentals monthly report(s), perform data analysis on products comparing market trends, seasonality, and competition. Review Gross Margins.
- Create and maintain yearly Price list(s), Special Customer Pricing and Exclusive pricing. Distributes pricing to customers and maintains internal records for JSOX compliance. Coordinate’s entry of pricing into DAX (D365), enters standard pricing and customer trade agreements (aka Price Variances).
- Performs other administrative duties and projects as assigned by the Sales Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Key Account Managers, or the Director of Ornamentals & Solutions Business groups.
- Performs back-up duties and support for other sales personnel in the department.
- Supports Marketing Department with promotional mailings and other customer correspondence whenever necessary.
- Processes annual contracts as needed.
- Direct operations to pack and re-pack seed as needed to fulfill customer needs.
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Department with order processing, credit and RMA issues, accounts receivable, late payments, COD’s and establishing credit limits.
- Cross-train within the department to learn internal processes, procedures, and customer preferences
- Make periodic visits to assigned customers with the appropriate Key Account Manager to improve customer relations and communications.
- Provide Marketing with input regarding product availability, etc., for the website.
- Assist in Flower Pack Trials (CAST), trade shows, and any other industry events as requested.
- Assists in negotiating prices for non-standard seed lots with the approval of Sales Management.
- Daily reviews the Open Order Report to determine seed availability for current orders, back orders, and future needs.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to shipping options, wrong products, returned goods, discounts (within guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reminds customers about ordering higher levels per invoice to achieve better terms.
- Responsible for the prorates to fairly distribute seed to customers in situation of seed shortages, late availability and/or crop failures. Creates prorate letters to inform the customer on shortages, crop failures, new crop dates and product options.
- Proactively make customer calls to confirm shipment dates, discuss seed availability for spot orders, update contract status and support various Key Account Managers as required. Follow up with customer to confirm arrivals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal budgets and monthly sales goals.
- Prepares sales reports customized for customers needs.
- Work with Operations and seed purchasing agent on inventory management
- Manage all samples to be sent to the pack trials, university trials and maintains offline sample inventory
- Assist Product Managers with inventory and sales information.
- Input price list into database and maintains for assigned customers.
- Work as a team member in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Help develop and maintain JSOX
- Maintain Customer discounts and exclusives for assigned customers.
- Monitor inventory and potential shortages.
- Successfully handles customer complaints
- Act as a inside sales representative
- Assist in training new department employees as requested and providing the materials they need to succeed.
- Support Product Managers, Sales and Management when needed
- Must have excellent telephone manner and speaking ability.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Customer service or related experience required.
- Must be outgoing and motivated.
- Seed experience, agriculture/horticulture, sales administration experience desired, but not required.
- Must be knowledgeable or willing to learn export documentation and requirements.
- High School diploma or GED required
- BA or BS degree in business, marketing agriculture or related subject preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years sales or customer service experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $22 – $27 per hour
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.