JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include all facets of product development, marketing and sales of Sakata products for assigned territories. Develops marketing plans, sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define company objectives and goals. Duties include devising and implementing sales strategies, forecasting sales, field trials, and coordinating various sales programs for assigned territory. Responsible for maintaining appropriate sales and marketing reports and files. Must utilize expense account with prudent judgment. Works closely with pepper Product Manager on West Coast Pepper PD activity as Assistant West Coast Sweet Pepper Product Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Promotes sales of company products to achieve maximum market penetration and to attain both short and long-range objectives for sales growth.
- Establishes and attains sales goals. Wins new-business programs. Secures sales orders from customers by means of:
- Visiting customer facilities.
- Calling by telephone.
- Follow-up (by phone or visit).
- Establishing professional customer/vendor relationships.
- Product development of experimental varieties of all species in the assigned regions with dealers, growers and shippers.
- Works all aspects of pepper PD to assist PD Manager on introducing new pepper varieties to the market
- Develops and recommends marketing and advertising strategies. Analyzes and defines the market for company product growth.
- Maintains effective budgetary controls of sales expenses.
- Provides the data to prepare, update, and control forecasts, with consideration to prudent inventory levels, covering projected new-business sales, proposal activity/costs, and investment requirements.
- Prepares monthly activity report and activity schedule
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
- Maintains appropriate sales and marketing reports and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including excellent working knowledge of the vegetable industry.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Must have excellent knowledge of selling, advertising, inventory and turnover.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in the sales field and seed industry. Basic computer knowledge, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Minimum five years sales and marketing experience in the seed industry.
- An undergraduate college degree in marketing, business administration, crop science or agriculture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to work under different weather conditions such as extremes in temperature and must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds when necessary to complete job functions.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.