JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for general office services for Woodland facility. Responsible for preparing reports and various other forms of correspondence for staff members. Performs receptionist duties. Helps track inventory, and office supplies. Performs accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- General Office -Distributes mail and maintains files. Types letters, memos and other office correspondence.
- General Office – Answers and screens all phone calls. Monitors and screens all visitor access and maintains security awareness.
- General Office- Completes all ordering of supplies for Stockseed and Woodland Farm. Checks office supplies, maintenance supplies and cleaning supplies.
- Coordinates activities (i.e. meetings, get togethers) in Woodland office, order supplies, food, coordinate travel and/or hotel reservations, etc.
- Stockseed Production – reviews prepared Phytosanitary Inspection forms for field inspection of crops and send phytos to State of California so field inspection numbers can be assigned. Tracks, organizes, and requests Phyto Certificates and Disease Letters from County after seed is shipped out. Sends copies to Morgan Hill for final sale of seed. Creates, organizes, and maintains grower files for crops produced on the farm.
- Assists in keeping information on experimental and stockseed production updated in DAX. Prepares and maintains master files on all Stockseed and Experimental releases. Prepares old files for storage
- Assists in keeping Monthly Crop Status Report updated. Maintains communication between Production Department in Morgan Hill and Stockseed production pertaining to crops.
- Accounting – Maintains invoice files on all purchases made for Woodland Site. Stockseed and R&D. Breaks down invoices and separates charges to the appropriate crop/lot number. Codes all invoices for Site Manager approval. Scans all invoices and assists creation of Snapnet system for approval by Site manager. Enters all invoices into DAX System and sends to Morgan Hill. Assists in reconcile end of month statements. Helps maintains vendor information, W-9’s, and files.
- Helps maintain records on cost of labor and purchases made for stockseed, and experimental production on farm.
- Coordinates and maintains notes for staff meetings. Assists in any special projects needed to improve processes.
- Operations – Assists in preparing commercial, experimental, and stockseed shippers for shipments being sent from Sacramento Valley.
- IT: Communicates with IT department to help solve computer problems that pertain to Sacramento Valley.
- Assist as a backup to cover the Production Coordinator- Update WCSR, completing all prioritize task during absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Must have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation and knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Must also have knowledge of methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to interface effectively with management, fellow employees and the general public.
- Must have excellent typing skills, mathematical aptitude and writing ability.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum four years office services experience required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type or work at computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.