Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
The Business Process Analyst/Consultant will support functions by providing analysis and consultation on design and documentation of key business processes supporting business activities. Additionally, the role is accountable for developing and maintaining a high-level business process strategy and implementation plan supporting the business strategy of Sakata America Holding, Inc. With an eye on delighting our customers, the role will ensure a balance of simplicity vs. configuration is maintained that deliver essential knowledge transfer and process sustainability to stakeholders. Further, as needed, the role will coach functional business teams on good practice within the area of business process management by developing and supporting the overall business process strategy for Sakata and practicing continual process improvement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Perform all tactical aspects of business process management for change execution as well as sustainability.
- Develop (together with management) designing and reporting guidelines and policies and ensure that these are implemented consistently across the company.
- Provide process leadership and expertise in order to challenge, support, enable and improve business performance.
- Provide reporting and analysis and support to approved projects, to include testing scenario development and requisite data maintenance.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key processes, design new processes and also improve existing business processes.
- Translate business needs into requirement specifications to enable the delivery of technically sustainable solutions.
- Manage process documentation as an important part of an overall quality management (or similar) strategy.
- Provide consultation for the integration of master data supporting projects.
- Build process knowledge across the company and understand cross functional dependencies.
- Advanced experience of business process application or execution of process design and techniques; either from practical application within a given field or function or professional training
- Ability to relate process and service-oriented environment and apply associated principles to aspects of work delivered
- Experience working across functional boundaries
- Experience in originating processes from scratch would be good to have
- Strong knowledge or certification in Lean/Six Sigma is desirable
- APICS Certification a plus
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a seasonally driven business environment
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Knowledge & experience in business process management methodology
- Certification in business process analysis a plus.
- Experienced user of MS Visio and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or willingness to learn
- Prior knowledge of ERP systems would be a plus
- B.S. or B.A. in business administration, computer science or related subject required. (or verifiable experience in business process support from another employer) Advanced degree a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel periodically throughout each year.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- May require travel overseas