JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all management demands of the Ornamentals Customer Service Department. Coordinates all sales activities on Seed, Vegetative and Solutions. Works with Brokers, Growers and Sales team in Customer Relationship Management. Coordinates with the Operations, Production and QA Departments to provide all necessary information to fulfill SAI customers’ requirements. Supervises Customer Service Representatives. Assists the Director of Ornamentals and Solutions Business group. Works closely with the Demand Manager, Key Account Managers, Product Managers, Retail Manager and Marketing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Leading and developing a team of customer service representatives and responsible for the overall direction, coordination, training and evaluation of the team.
- Carrying out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Sakata Seed America’s (SAI) policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Achieving performance goals and objectives in order to meet customer promise expectations.
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality performance.
- Developing and implementing process improvements to eliminate waste from the processes and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Deep diving into complex issues, escalations to resolve them in a timely manner, providing detailed, informative updates to the Director of Ornamentals and Solutions Business groups.
- Using self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Partnering with others to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies.
- Identifying trends on issues impacting the customer experience and proactively developing a plan of action to remove the roadblocks.
- Sales analysis, Maintains Sales budget and quarterly forecasts/latest estimates (LE’s). Manages supply constraints, new product introductions and discontinued items. Works closely with the demand manager to procure products to meet the expected delivery dates of the customers. Reviews annual forecasts with the team and assists in building forecasts for new products in conjunction with Demand Planner.
- Works with the Director of the Sales team to create pricing structure and negotiate with SSC and SOE on pricing matrix.
- Create and maintain yearly Price list, Special Customer Pricing and Exclusives. Distributes pricing to customers and maintains internal records for JSOX compliance. Coordinates entry of pricing into DAX, enters standard pricing and customer trade agreements (aka Price Variances).
- Prepare various data driven reports at the direction of the Director of Ornamentals and Solutions including but not limited to, SAH Ornamentals monthly report, perform data analysis on products comparing market trends, seasonality, and competition. Review Gross Margins.
- Contributes to the quarterly Inventory Reserve review process by ensuring that any inventory decisions are aligned with SAI’s Sales Team strategy. Research inventories and strategize on how to dispose of excess inventoried products.
- Manages Customer Manager and Customer Service team OPEX budget.
- Work closely with Demand Planner to manage inventory requirements, makes decisions on supply shortages affecting sales order fulfillment, on purchases such as low germ, off-types, and solves challenges related to shipping options, incorrect products shipped, returned goods, discounts (within guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reviews the Open Order Report to determine seed availability for current orders, backorders, and future needs. Update delivery dates and communicates with the customers.
- Review and approve Order acknowledgements, SNAPNET approvals and processes, RMA’s Credit Notes, Debit Notes and Direct shipments.
- Manage and maintain sales flags on item codes in DAX. Manage/maintain inventory available to be shown on the website.
- Manages inquiries coming from the “Contact Us” form on the ornamental’s website.
- Develops pro-rates to fairly distribute seed to customers in situation of seed shortages, late availability and/or crop failures. Creates prorate letters to inform the customer on shortages, crop failures, new crop dates and product options.
- Manages and negotiates any procedural changes within departments that affect Customer Service.
- Manages Customer Service team, plans and directs functions and performance of the team. Coordinate staffing for trade events such as CAST, Cultivate and THD trial.
- Maintain procedures for JSOX compliance, Provide samples for internal and auditor review. Responsible to audit Cash Receipts and Bank Reconsolidation as part of the internal JSOX
- Processes orders from customers. Quote pricing proposals and special offers.
- Must be able to provide technical product information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to customers upon request.
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Department with order processing, credit and RMA issues, accounts receivable, late payments, COD’s and establishing credit limits.
- Makes periodic visits to assigned customers with the appropriate Key Account Managers to improve customer relations and communications.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of customer service, management or related experience required.
- Demonstrated history delivering results in cross functional environments.
- Program Management Experience.
- Exceptional skills in data analysis.
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Strong verbal (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills.
- Experience in understanding performance metrics and developing them to measure progress against key performance indicators (KPI).
- Ability to drive organizational change using sound reasoning backed up by relevant data.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams and other computer applications.
- Must have ability to work independently with little supervision or daily direction
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment.
- Seed industry or sales administration experience not required but highly desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired but not required.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- BA/BS degree in a business, marketing, agriculture, or related subject is required or equivalent in training and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 5+ years sales and/or customer service experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for ongoing periods of time.
- Must have the ability to travel (3-5% of time) domestically and internationally
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.