JOB SUMMARY: Provides excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries. First point of customer contact for general inquiries like pricing, products, scheduling etc. Builds and maintains business relationship with customers by providing prompt and accurate service so as to promote customer loyalty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for “account management” for small customers as assigned.
- Receives orders and inquiries, researches and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding products, prices and services. Quotes pricing, special offers and negotiates special deals. Sends order confirmations to customers to confirm their orders prior to shipment.
- Responsible for all flower seed samples for domestic and/or international customers as assigned.
- Receives and answers inquiries regarding seed availability, seed quality and pricing.
- Follow up on customer inquiries and researches to assure satisfactory completion. Must be able to provide technical product information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to customers upon request.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders, seed releases, samples, seed availability
- Writes up orders, mails catalogs, samples, price quotations and similar data to customers as required.
- Assists with reports and performs other projects as assigned by the department managers, and the director of Sales and Marketing.
- Performs other clerical duties and projects as assigned by the sales supervisor, sales managers or the director of Sales and Marketing.
- Performs back-up duties and support for other sales personnel in the department.
- Supports Marketing Department with promotional mailings and other customer correspondence whenever necessary.
- Processes annual contracts as needed.
- Direct Operations to pack and re-pack seed as needed to fulfill customer needs.
- Responsible for assisting the Finance Department with order processing, credit and RMA issues, accounts receivable, late payments, COD’s and establishing credit limits.
- Cross train within the department to learn internal processes, procedures and customer preferences
- Make periodic visits to assigned customers with the appropriate Manager to improve customer relations and communications.
- Provide Marketing with input regarding product availability, etc. for the website.
- Assist in Flower Pack Trials, trade shows, and any other industry events as requested.
- Assists in negotiating prices for non-standard seed lots with the approval of Sales Management.
- Daily reviews the Open Order Report to determine seed availability for current orders, back orders and future needs.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to shipping options, wrong products, returned goods, discounts (within guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reminds customers about ordering higher levels per invoice to achieve better terms.
- Responsible for the pro-rates to fairly distribute seed to customers in situation of seed shortages, late availability and/or crop failures. Creates prorate letters to inform the customer on shortages, crop failures, new crop dates and product options.
- Proactively make customer calls to confirm shipment dates, discuss seed availability for spot orders, update contract status and support various Area Managers as required. Follow up with customer to confirm arrivals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal budgets and monthly sales goals.
- Prepares sales reports customized for customers needs.
- Work with Operations and seed purchasing agent on inventory management
- Manage all samples to be sent to the pack trials, university trials and maintains offline sample inventory.
- Assist Product Managers with inventory and sales information.
- Input price list into database and maintains for assigned customers.
- Work as a team member in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Help develop and maintain JSOX.
- Maintain Customer discounts and exclusives for assigned customers.
- Monitor inventory and potential shortages.
- Successfully handles customer complaints
- Act as a inside sales representative
- Assist in training new department employees as requested and providing the materials they need to succeed.
- Support Product Managers, Sales and Management when needed
- Must have excellent telephone manner and speaking ability.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills, proficient in Word, Excel and other computer applications.
- Must have ability to operate standard office equipment such as faxes, printers, copy machines, etc.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Customer service or related experience required.
- Must be outgoing and motivated.
- Seed experience, sales administration not required, but highly desired.
- Must be knowledgeable on export documentation and requirements.
- High School graduate
- Minimum 2 year college level courses or equivalent work history
- BA or BS degree in business, marketing agriculture or related subject preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years sales or customer service experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
- Must be able to assess the needs of the customer and work with the internal departments to assure the customer’s needs.
To Apply Please Send Resume to HR@Sakata.Com
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.