JOB SUMMARY: Performs the operations of the warehouse; Receiving, stocking, processing and distributing materials. Activities include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, receiving, inventory, packaging, shipping and sampling activities. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected. Responsible for all SAH Lettuce Seed Customer Service activities including follow through of Pick list, Packing list, Proforma, and Invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES*:
- Receives, researches, and promptly answers customer inquiries regarding product, seed quality, pricing, and availability. Proactively keeps customer updated on their bookings, order status and shipment dates. Sends customer a copy of the ship order with all details listed for their confirmation prior to preparing the order for shipment. Prepare sales reports customized for Area Sales Managers and customer
- Review bookings left to ship, spot orders and open orders. Determine seed availability for current and future orders. Assist with creating prorates. View bookings versus inventory. Be mindful not to over treat and to use up remnant lots whenever
- Select inventory lots that meet country/state and/ import permit
- Work with Finance and the Sales staff to solve credit, incorrect pricing, and seed return issues. Assist in the research and resolution of Product Inquiries and complaints.
- Responsible for pulling sales orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment and completion of required paperwork.
- Follow through with Finance on Picking slip, Packing slip, Proforma, and Invoicing.
- Responsible for proper delivery, receipt and stocking of seed from receiving and all work centers and completion of all required documentation and data entry.
- Responsible for preparation of inventory to processing, receipt and stocking of returned seed and completion of all required documentation and data entry.
- Coordinates the preparation of all orders for shipping. Inspects and approves all documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to shipping. Responsible for the proper and safe loading of shipments onto trucks.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Responsible for the successful completion of all shipment receiving, including processing into inventory, preparation of documents, returns and purchases, while ensuring that they are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Pulls samples for cyclic testing and prepares required samples for cyclic updates.
- Performs inventory movements and completes required data entry.
- Performs cycle counts on inventory as needed and reports results to inventory supervisor and other required managerial staff. Investigates problem areas and resolves discrepancies.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly workstation. Proactively maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to this list:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and procedures.
- Raise issues with Supervisor or Lead when policies or procedures are not clear or not working.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of critical tasks not done.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of issues developing.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with customers, vendors, management and fellow employees.
- Must have excellent visual, mathematical, and judgmental skill.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed processing as needed,
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and troubleshoot required minor repairs on forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum one year warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift 55 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com