Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Responsible for Managing the greenhouse production plug program for seed production. Responsible in improving the quality of greenhouse transplants. Assists with stock seed inventory maintenance. Manage Salinas Production Greenhouse seed production. Assist & support SCV cage & Field Production trials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for Managing the greenhouse production plug program for all seed Production orders throughout SAI. Other areas as needed.
- Responsible for Managing greenhouse seed to seed productions as they process through Salinas Research Site.
- Responsible for transporting stockseed to greenhouses for sowing. Responsible for greenhouse planning which includes planting and delivery schedules of plugs for seed production.
- Responsible for completing seedling estimates on all inbreds, in all greenhouse locations and noting appropriate production codes for accounting purposes.
- Completes data entry for greenhouse transplant report and monthly crop reports and copies appropriate personnel. Updates I Form reports as needed.
- Verifies that all suitable precautions in Green Houses regarding lot integrity, sanitization & plant health are taken during handling and growing plants. Notifies appropriate departments and/or personnel, of any disease problems/symptoms or lot mixes occurrence.
- Responsible for the supervision of rogueing of all visible off-types in the greenhouse trays. With immediate feedback regarding quality issues to Stock Seed Manager.
- Manages all aspects of hand/bud pollination process, including personnel, scouting, plant manipulation, phytosanitary application, cultural practice to insure Sakata Quality speculations are maintained.
- Manages financial control of greenhouse to include, Production Greenhouse & Lot Budgets, as well as negotiating contracts between SAI and greenhouse companies.
- Assists in finding new ways to improve the quality of greenhouse transplants.
- Manage the greenhouse plug & seed production work orders in DAX using the MRP system.
- Assist with cycle and cyclic counts as needed.
- Support Santa Clara Valley Production area.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Must have ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills.
- Must have computer skills which include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- B.S. degree in agriculture, agricultural business or related discipline desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- A minimum 4 years farm and/or agriculture related experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current and valid Driver’s license required.
- Must obtain a Private Applicator Pesticide License/Certificate within one year.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Send your Resume to email@example.com