Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Coordinates and manages all sales and marketing activities to Key Accounts, including brokers, growers, young plant raisers in an assigned zone. Provides all aspects of support to Key Accounts, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), product knowledge and technical support, leading to increasing market share of Sakata proprietary genetics and products (seed, vegetative and Solutions Substrates). Works closely with NAFTA Ornamentals Key Account Sales Managers, Product Managers and Marketing Communications Manager and Retail Category Managers in reaching targets and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Primary Objective: through focused Customer Relationship Management (CRM) processes and skills, works closely with Key Accounts to understand their business needs and requirements, analyze and measure usage of Sakata products and make recommendations resulting in an increased penetration of Sakata genetics.
- Accountable to develop and control (validate) sales forecast in assigned zone by variety/customer.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with Key Accounts to attain sales goals.
- Offers advice, ideas and new business concepts in areas of production and marketing to enhance relationships, establish trust and provide Key Accounts with solutions to their production, sales and marketing needs.
- Follows up quickly and thoroughly to solve Key Accounts’ issues.
- Promotes sales of Sakata products to achieve maximum market penetration and to attain both short and long-term objectives for sales growth.
- Works closely with Product Managers and Techincal-Support Specialists, Marketing Communications Manager and Retail Category Manager, in order to inform and offer support to Key Accounts. Provides a conduit from growers to Product Managers and Techincal-Support Specialists.
- Assimilates crop and market information from Key Accounts back to Product Management and Technical-Support Specialists and Marketing Communications Manager.
- Attends (in person, through video conference or conference call) meetings with Head of NAFTA Ornamentals, other Key Account Sales Managers, Marketing Communications and Retail Category Manager, Customer Service and the Technical Support Specialist to quickly and efficiently inform and be informed of current grower and product situations.
- Special Projects: represents the Company at industry seminars/engagements that require sales support.
- Assists in implementing field trials and coordinating various sales programs for assigned zone or for assigned Key Accounts.
- Manages expense account with prudent judgment.
- Acts within the scope of authority and consistent with Ornamental objectives and policies.
- Assures a positive employee and customer relations position is maintained.
- Directs, monitors and appraises the performance of department and employees and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Must have excellent product knowledge, strong selling skills and possesses the ability to build lasting relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in sales as well as the flower seed and vegetative cutting industry, including having an excellent working knowledge of the flower industry.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative approach required.
- Must possess strong work ethics and a high level of integrity.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Creative, strategic and conceptual thinker able to translate concepts into practice.
- Able to effectively work and interact within a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be persistent, humble, grateful and credible.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- An undergraduate college degree in crop science or horticulture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in sales of horticultural products or as a grower of bedding plants and/or pot crops.
- Experience in production of seed raised greenhouse grown crops is desirable.
- Minimum 4 years supervisory or management experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel extensively, for long periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Send a Resume to email@example.com