Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Manages the raw materials and finished product planners and activities. Maintains and verifies “control points” of inventory activity by processing work orders and monitoring transactions in the ERP system. Ensures efficient and accurate inventory processing. Responsible for inventory improvement with analysis of cost and risk as well as a supporting and communicating capacity management within Operations. Responsible for inventory and specific lot attribute accuracy. Coordinates all finished goods planning, processing and packaging activities for the Operations Department within Supply Chain. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the logistics planner’s functions of the company Responsible for the performance of the following departments and related activities, inventory control (raw material), Manages and reports vegetable inventory in accordance with Company policy. Manages and coordinates inventory levels with designated representatives from Sales, Production and QA Departments. Use material planning techniques to schedule and generate work orders to meet inventory requirements and sales timelines. Communicate regularly with key personnel from departments on order status or issues that may arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for issuing and scheduling ERP work orders for beginning to end planning for the blending, conditioning/milling, treating, and packaging of seed in a timely fashion and in accordance with policy and procedure. Monitors all work orders through completion.
- Responsible for monitoring daily work load of assigned employees.
- Works with the Senior Operations/Logistics Manager on Contract Production reporting.
- Responsible for training new personnel on ERP functions, along with planning, business and crop activities.
- Responsible for budget creation and oversight of assigned departments.
- Responsible for yearly performance appraisals of signed direct reports and goal setting.
- Works with Inventory Control Team to maintain efficient workflow and accurate inventories.
- Monitors and schedules work orders in process to ensure completion on time or communicates unforeseeable delays to sales or key personnel in a timely manner.
- Leads the reviews and approvals for the control of all areas of functional responsibility including budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, departmental effectiveness and human utilization.
- Understands international documents for export shipments. These documents will include but not be limited to, Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Field Inspections, Canadian Certificates, Pro Forma Invoices, Export Invoices, NAFTA documentation for Mexico etc.
- Assists in planning activities as needed to include raw material and finished goods production work orders to clean size, treat and package inventory.
- Working with Sales to ensure planning activities are in line with sales demands.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required.
- Coordinates activities of the logistics areas with other company functions. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination.
- Must have excellent record keeping, data collection, and reporting ability; attention to detail is essential.
- Must have the ability to lead business projects assigned.
- Must have ability to lead and supervise other employees to meet company goals
- Must have basic knowledge of ERP set up and costing.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability and discipline to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Familiarity with basic operating procedures and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be familiar with Material Resource Planning Systems or Enterprise Planning Systems or willing to learn. Must be familiar with logistics/ workflow.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA or BS degree required preferably in business administration or related subject. MA or MS a plus.
- Must have a minimum of seven years related experience.
- Must have a minimum of five years high level administrative experience preferably in a coordinator or supervisory role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type and or work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to handle abnormal environmental conditions (inventory in cold room)