JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all event-related marketing initiatives for Sakata Seed America trade shows, marketing trials and events as defined by the Marketing Communications Events Manager and Senior Marketing Manager. The Events Coordinator is a full-time position and will work in collaboration with the Marketing Communications team, Product Management and the Sales & Marketing Department. In addition to event coordination, the Marketing & Events Coordinator will work on Marketing Communications projects outside of the scope of events as defined by the Senior Marketing Manager and Sales & Marketing Department on an as-needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Coordinate organization, preparation and follow up for all trade shows, marketing trials and events with the input from Product Managers and Marketing Communications Department, planning committees and task groups.
- Oversee travel and accommodations as necessary.
- Input database entries, compile and process expense reports and coordinate supplies.
- Coordinate promotions and collateral development in conjunction with Sakata Seed events and overall sales initiatives.
- Work with Marketing Communications Department to coordinate and assist with the creation of published materials (print and electronic).
- Maintain a uniform, consistent corporate identity and image.
- Coordinate the set-up and tear-down of events.
- Facilitate solicitation of event venues and report to staff and committees to determine the final selection.
- Identify and maintain relationships with local vendors needed for events and organize their participation. Create department contact lists for venues, restaurants, speakers’ bureaus, etc.
- Work as part of the overall team to support the work of Sakata America Holding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of the agriculture and horticulture industry desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Must have excellent knowledge of event coordinating, and sales and marketing.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in marketing communications of the industry (vegetable and ornamental).
- Must be able to work well in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Minimum two years Sales & Marketing experience desirable, preferably in seed, ornamentals, produce or related industry.
- An undergraduate college degree in marketing, business administration, crop science or horticulture or its equivalent in training and experience required
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours, weekend work is periodically required
- Must be able to travel throughout the year
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.