Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
It is expected of this position to efficiently operate equipment utilized by the Logistics Department. Activities include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which includes receiving, drying, ECW processes, cleaning, sizing, inventory, treating, packaging, and sampling activities. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Efficiently run and clean required seed conditioning, seed enhancement and packaging equipment as relevant within the Logistics Department.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment in the Logistics Department.
- Meet or exceed established target throughput for assigned area(s) while maintaining our quality requirements.
- Support other Logistics workstations or company departments during slow times as assigned or approved by the supervisor or Lead. Additional responsibilities may be required while working in other departments.
- Perform necessary quality checks for assigned processes, including seed counting, moisture testing, physical purity and other quality assurance checks. Perform data entry, data analysis, and data recording for each process as required. Must be able to complete required reports, such as the ECW report.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent visual, mathematical, and judgmental skill.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed treating, cleaning and packaging process.
- Must have ability to acquire Qualified Applicator Certificate.
- Must have ability to safely operate seed treating and drying equipment, forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum two years warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift 55 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year and work weekend duty as required.