Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Participates in and oversees all activities related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which may include but is not limited to seed receiving, ECW processes, drying, cleaning, sizing, and sampling of inventory. Processes and conditions seed in line with quality specifications in a timely manner. Responsible for all required documentation related to the processing and conditioning of seed lots. Responsible for the oversight and training of both full time, part time and temporary staffing personnel to insure that company policies and procedures are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains work place area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Coordinates and communicates work order/sales order requirements with the Material Planners, Customer Service Team and warehouse personnel. Works with other company personnel to maintain efficient work flow and accurate inventory.
- Maintains accurate inventory by conducting process controls; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Responsible for the computer data entry transactions to support all activities within scope of position.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Performs and/or is responsible for overseeing the completion of the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures within the warehouse and the accurate filing of the required reporting involved.
- Works with other company personnel to maintain efficient work flow and accurate inventory.
- Identifies critical processes and reports to management.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by supporting in the selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling of employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures. Responsible for yearly goal setting and performance appraisals of all assigned direct reports.
- This position must be flexible where changing business needs are concerned and must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective leader.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Operation of a forklift and other assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with others in a harmonious and productive fashion.
- Must have ability and discipline to interface professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes stressful situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to safely operate forklifts and other warehouse machinery
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum two years warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must have ability to lift up-to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work in noisy, dusty, hot or cold conditions.
Send a Resume to email@example.com