JOB SUMMARY: Professional work involving the analysis, processing, and scheduling of inventory to meet designated timelines and shipping goals. Maintains and verifies “control points” of inventory activity by processing work orders and monitoring transactions in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Ensures efficient and accurate inventory processing. Interfaces with various teams to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments. Communicates with key personnel in other departments to communicate data, scheduling, and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Analysis and beginning to end planning on inventory situation of assigned crops, considering new crop delivery and inventory on hand against demand to generate short term and long-term plans, identifying shortages and priorities.
- Responsible for issuing and scheduling ERP work orders for beginning to end planning for the blending, conditioning/milling, treating, and packaging of seed in a timely fashion and in accordance with policy and procedure. Monitors all work orders through completion.
- Works with multiple departments to understand quality standards and is responsible for applying correct quality information to newly created lots.
- Maintains accurate up to date lot notes in the ERP system.
- Works with various process and warehouse teams to maintain efficient workflow and accurate inventory.
- Point of contact for Customer Service and Sales team with questions or problems regarding inventory.
- Analysis and reporting as needed of all inventory, monthly reports (such as variance reports, substandard reports), and quarterly reports (such as reserves and product review) to analyze current trends.
- Responsible for reporting final produced quantity to Production and Finance for settlement.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent record-keeping, data collection and reporting ability; attention to detail is essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Word and Excel) skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability and discipline to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Familiarity with basic operating procedures and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must be familiar with Material Resource Planning Systems or Enterprise Planning Systems or willing to learn same. Must be familiar with logistics/workflow or willing to learn same.
- BA or BS degree required preferably in business administration or related subject. MA or MS a plus.
- A minimum two years administrative experience in quality assurance, production, inventory or related environment required.
- Experience in seed industry (production/inventory) highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type and /or work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to handle abnormal environmental conditions (inventory in cold room)
To Apply Please Send Resume to HR@Sakata.Com
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.