The People Services Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR management team in supporting HR and organizational functions. The People Services Coordinator will act as the liaison between HR, employees and manager, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: HR administrative support, benefits administration, payroll, timekeeping, HR reporting and metrics, HR record maintenance, meeting and calendar maintenance, and employee services.
The People Services Coordinator will provide high level administrative and technical HR support for the Senior Director of Human Resources. The position also provides administrative support to members of the HR management team as needed.
This position will be located in our Morgan Hill, CA office, and will be expected to report on-site, abiding by all COVID-19 protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
Generalist and Administrative Duties
- Organize and provide effective, timely human resources support to HR Director and HR management team; assist with projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Assist as needed in all functional areas of human resources; assist the Director with research and resolution of difficult and complex issues.
- Collect and maintain data utilizing appropriate technology to manage information; create and audit statistical and informational reports on HR matters using a variety of formats. Maintain and create reports on key Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll metrics. Create and present complex ad hoc data analyses and reports.
- Participate in coordinating the Human Resources annual budget including tracking of expenses and processing payments and invoices.
- Represents HR on various internal committees, task forces, and cross functional meetings within SAI.
- Consults with internal and external customers regarding various HR activities and transactions; trouble shoots HR related issues.
- Serve as main contact for employees related to personnel‐related matters. Provides day-to-day advice, interpretation, and support to employees regarding the application of human resources policies, guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
- Serve as custodian of records for all personnel‐related files and records. Create and maintain electronic interactive database of all personnel‐related records.
- Process Worker’s Compensation Claims and tracks return-to-work activities.
- Provide back-up services to receptionist and other office service functions.
- Assist with HR event planning including recreational events and training activities.
Payroll and Benefits
- Process and record SAI self-funded vision claims and reporting.
- Process and reconcile monthly invoices for providers and SAI Finance department.
- Help to keep track of leave time, such as employee vacation, personal and sick leave.
- Audit time recorded in automated timekeeping system for correct coding of regular, overtime, vacation, sick, personal or bereavement hours and report discrepancies.
- Assist with multiple monthly reports for the Finance department.
- Assist in reviewing employee time records and payroll data as needed. Assist in enrolling non-exempt employees into the timekeeping system. Assist in maintaining attendance, automated timekeeping, absence tracking and accrual systems as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must have ability to accurately collect and analyze information and data.
- Must have ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be very detail-oriented and have excellent number aptitude.
- Must have demonstrated skill and experience in the use of HRIS systems and have an understanding of HR data metrics, processes and tools.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Knowledge of basic payroll and/or finance administration, recordkeeping methods of timekeeping, benefit and service provider systems. ADP payroll, Time & Attendance timekeeping or Benefit Focus Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) experience a plus.
- AA or BS/BA in related subject required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum six years administrative experience required.
- Minimum two years payroll and/or accounting experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours if necessary.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.