Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Coordinates safety, health and security programs and activities for the company. Establishes programs and goals to assure compliance with local, state and federal agencies, to provide a secure and safe environment for all employees, and to reduce and/or eliminate workplace injuries and illness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Coordinates company-wide safety and security programs. Responsible for preparation and maintenance of all safety and security files.
- Maintains safety and security files. Compiles data and prepares reports for internal use and external groups such as OSHA, EEI, AGA, EPA, etc.
- Coordinates safety and security training programs. Prepares materials and resources for the training programs. Records and maintains safety and security training files.
- Performs inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provides guidance and assistance to supervisors and employees on needs for safety process improvement. Investigates accidents and analyzes accident data to evaluate the effectiveness of accident prevention and loss control programs.
- Monitors company building security, specifically security badges and traffic at employee entrances. Responsible for issuing all new employee badges and issuing temporary badges when necessary.
- Stays abreast of company and government safety requirements and regulations. Recommends necessary changes to safety processes, including safety rules, practices, training and personal protective equipment programs.
- Drafts investigation and inspection reports, training guides and materials as necessary.
- Inspects machinery, equipment and working conditions to insure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. Observes workers to determine need for prescribed safety equipment.
- Inspects buildings, facilities, fire prevention equipment, storage of materials, material handling equipment, etc. to insure compliance with mandatory regulations and insurance requirements.
- Coordinates physical security requirements such as alarm systems, key control, after-hours records and visitors. Conducts security checks and prepares for and accompanies government inspectors during official inspections.
- Assists with other activities as necessary to evaluate and reduce potential risks to employee health and well being.
- Must have knowledge of safety principles and related government regulations.
- Must have experience as an instructor in hands-on training programs.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must have good word-processing and spreadsheet skills and have ability to accurately collect and compile information and data.
- BA/BS in related subject required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
Send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com