JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include annual pricing review and implementation for the Vegetable Seed business including looking at cost vs pricing for upcoming year. Assists with sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define company objectives and goals. Duties include assisting with sales strategies, forecasting sales, IT liaison and coordinating various sales programs. Responsible for maintaining appropriate sales reports and files. Must utilize expense account with prudent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Key Sales Opportunities Follow up
- Analyzes and defines the market for company product growth.
- Maintains effective budgetary controls of expenses.
- Provides the data to prepare, update, and control forecasts, with consideration to prudent inventory levels, covering projected new-business sales, proposal activity/costs, and investment requirements.
- Responsible for Vegetable product pricing
- NAFTA Data Sheet management and upkeep
- Enhancement Manager for 3rd party sales
- Vegetable Sales Representative for D365 and other IT implementation services
- Contract Preparation for new year
- Prepares monthly activity report and activity schedule. Maintains appropriate sales and marketing reports and files.
- Performs all assigned duties in the assigned territory.
- Performs any directly related or other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including excellent working knowledge of the vegetable industry.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Must have excellent knowledge of PM, inventory and turnover.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the fast-moving developments in the sales field and seed industry. Basic computer knowledge, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- BS/BA in marketing, business administration, crop science or agriculture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum five years sales and marketing experience in the seed industry.
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to work under different weather conditions such as extremes in temperature and must be able to work in dusty conditions.
To Apply Please Send Resume to HR@Sakata.Com
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.