JOB SUMMARY: Supports Sales Director and sales team to coordinate and execute vegetable sales and marketing programs and activities, including customer databases, special events, sales meetings according to goals and commitments of the company. Communicates programs and activities to the sales staff, customer base including distributors, growers and industry associates. Provides administrative support as requested.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Power Point presentations and Excel spreadsheets for meetings and project support
- Master calendar scheduler for the Sales Department.
- Assist with Microsoft Teams Veg Sales page maintenance.
- Support Veg Sales Director, travel and meeting schedule.
- Assist with Sales Conference Call monthly meeting.
- Assist with Product Lifecycle maintenance.
- Organize and follow up on pending sales action items.
- Assist with corporate giving projects for sales team.
- Lead Holiday gifts project.
- Assist with the online store site for orders for employees and annual department meetings.
- Assist with the development and distribution of promotional materials to support sales and marketing programs and maintain promo inventory
- Coordinates across functional divisions, departments and regions to implement sales and marketing plans and programs.
- Works with outside resources and services, as needed, to implement sales plans and programs.
- Processes incoming sales invoices, request for payments and purchase prior approvals.
- Work with managers and sales coordinator to schedule webinars, sales events and meetings (internal/external) as well as order necessary supplies (lunches, drinks, etc.) for meetings.
- Support meetings such as ASTA, ISF and CSA where coordination is necessary.
- Assists in preparing sales expense budgets and monitoring budgets through the year.
- Increase market knowledge for all key species to provide input for increasing sales of Sakata products.
- Must have basic knowledge of sales communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and accountability and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be decisive, result-oriented, and innovative.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- An undergraduate college degree in advertising, marketing, communications, business or other related course of study or its equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum 2 years Sales or Admin support experience desirable, preferably in seed, ornamentals, produce or related industry.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel periodically throughout the year.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.