Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Participate in treating, drying, priming and/or pelleting flower, vegetable, herb and sweet corn seed according to specific instructions utilizing standard operating procedures. Participate with Seed Enhancement Staff in determining process control and seed enhancement schedules and lead times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Treat, Prime and/or Pellet seed for sales or research needs.
- Dry seed (raw, pelleted, and primed) to prescribed standards.
- Mix chemical formulations for various activities.
- Ensure all State, Federal environmental and safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and provide monthly report to Manager.
- Clean, maintain seed enhancement equipment and bulk priming area.
- Complete seed processing records.
- Document and communicate process problems to unit Manager.
- Lead and train temporary support labor as required.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed:
- Seed Treatment and Enhancement
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed.
- Must have excellent visual discrimination, mathematical, and judgmental skill.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed enhancement process.
- Must have ability to acquire Qualified Applicator Certificate.
- Must have ability to safely operate seed treating and drying equipment, forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years’ experience in the seed industry preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift over 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year and work weekend duty as required.