Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
This position is responsible for the testing, generation and distribution of data as it applies to seed quality, state seed laws and regulations, national and international testing rules, the Federal Seed Act, and international laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Conducts and supports all activities related to purity, bulk examinations, germination/viability tests, vigor and useable plug tests, moisture tests, and other tests that determine seed quality for labeling, payment, research, or complaint investigation purposes.
- Reports results according to protocols mandated by international standards, US standards, company standards and standards of professional seed testing organizations.
- Accurately documents test data. Evaluates accuracy of test results, and schedules retests as needed. Recognizes problems requiring alternate testing.
- Assists in training seasonal staff with seed testing activities.
- Monitors laboratory equipment performance to insure lab equipment is adequately and properly maintained.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, and conferences related to seed testing and seed physiology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures as follows, but not limited to this list:
-Is aware of and personally follows all company policies and procedures. Raises issues with Manager when policies or procedures are not clear or are not working.
-Keeps manager informed of critical tasks not done and developing issues.
- Cooperative attitude. Able to follow directions as well as supervise others.
- Ability to train and lead temporary and other semi-skilled personnel.
- Basic knowledge of plant sciences, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, and/or statistics.
- Ability to develop excellent laboratory skills in taxonomical botany and general seed science/botany
- Ability to do routine and repetitious work in a laboratory environment for several hours.
- Ability to quickly adapt and be receptive to changing work demands, techniques, and/or approaches.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with good dexterity and visual acuity, meeting time constraints and deadlines.
- Good verbal, listening, and written communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Competency in data management and use of computer technologies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Registered Seed Technologist (RST) accreditation.
- Willingness to take on a wide assortment of tasks and duties.
- A. S. in seed technology or BS degree in agricultural science, biological sciences or related field or equivalence in experience desired.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience in vegetable seed germination and purity testing preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work with pesticides and other agricultural chemicals, laboratory chemicals and other potentially irritating substances.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time (up to 70%).
- Must be able to climb and descend step ladders. Must be able to lift 15 pounds above shoulders.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when necessary and/or required (for example, but not limited to: lab coats, respirators, protective gloves, safety glasses.)
Send your Resume to email@example.com