JOB SUMMARY: It is expected of this position to efficiently operate equipment utilized by the Logistics Department. Activities include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which includes receiving, drying, ECW processes, cleaning, sizing, inventory, treating, packaging, and sampling activities. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected. Responsible for treating, drying, priming and/or pelleting seed according to specific instructions utilizing standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for treating, drying, priming and/or pelleting seed for sales needs according to specific instructions utilizing standard operating procedures.
- Efficiently run and clean required seed conditioning, seed enhancement and packaging equipment as relevant within the Logistics Department.
- Mix chemical formulations for the various activities.
- Meet or exceed established target throughput for assigned area(s) while maintaining our quality requirements.
- Support other Logistics workstations or company departments during slow times as assigned or approved by the supervisor or Lead. Additional responsibilities may be required while working in other departments.
- Perform necessary quality checks for assigned processes, including seed counting, moisture testing, physical purity and other quality assurance checks. Perform data entry, data analysis, and data recording for each process as required. Must be able to complete required reports, such as the Priming report.
- Ability to train new and temporary staffing on processes and procedures.
- Ability to oversee staffing and department for any secondary shift when needed or in Leads absence and preparation of any documentation required for communication with the Lead and other staff members.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to this list:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and procedures.
- Raise issues with Supervisor or Lead when policies or procedures are not clear or not working.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of critical tasks not done.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of issues developing.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed:
- Seed Treatment and Enhancement
- Must have excellent visual discrimination and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on mill equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Must have ability to learn technical aspects of seed enhancement process.
- Must have desire and ability to acquire qualified applicator license.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum three year’s seed enhancement/warehouse experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift 55 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, please send resume to HR@sakata.com.