JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operation of the Research station stock seed production including planting, manipulation bud pollination, harvest, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- The Senior Coordinator is responsible for greenhouse, hoop, and cage management of stockseed lots, including the coordination and establishment of annual schedules, capacities, and projects.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and training of staff that is used in the greenhouse production of stockseed.
- Responsible for all data collection and entry on all stockseed lots, which includes the use of I-forms.
- Responsible for communicating with plant breeders and other production coordinators in support of Sakata’s worldwide stock seed programs.
- Responsible for data collection on intermediate and advanced experimentals, trials, and other projects pertaining to stock seed production at the Research station.
- Responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of all operations regarding the production of stockseed at the Research station.
- Responsible for planting, growing, spraying and otherwise maintaining the stockseed plants, under supervision from the Station Manager and other managers.
- Other duties as assigned, including non-stock seed projects.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on farm equipment.
- Ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines, and able to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must be available for some extra hours or weekend duty as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Bi-lingual English/Japanese and/or English/Spanish desirable but not required.
- Competency in data management and use of computer applications, including excel, word, and outlook.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Able to train and lead personnel in specific technical applications.
- Able to travel to other production areas around the world as needed.
- Associate or technical degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Agricultural industry experience highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid Washington driver’s license.
- Current Washington Private Applicator’s pesticide license highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions such as extremes of temperature, dampness, rain, and sun exposure.
- Must have ability to lift over 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
To Apply Please Send Resume to HR@Sakata.Com
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.