JOB SUMMARY: Assists Vegetable Trials Manager in coordinating the trials planting plan at the Woodland Research Station. Assists in the preparation for field days. Assists in the trial evaluations activities utilizing Phenome for data communication and storage. Assists in collecting yield data and reporting trial results. Assists in the placement and reading of trials primarily in the San Joaquin Valley but not limited. In addition, support the activities of the Sweet Pepper Breeding Program in-Station.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Assists Vegetable Trials Manager in the set-up, follow up, and evaluation of off-station Research and PD trials in the territory.
- Assists in providing logistics to breeders for off-station IT trials.
- Assists in providing market information for key crops in the territory.
- Assists in collecting trial seed from breeders and product managers and in mapping the field for sales and research trials at the Woodland Research Farm
- Assists in monitoring and guiding the farming activities at the Woodland Research Station to achieve desired results
- Assist in the coordination of breeder support activities at WIC
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of basic agriculture and vegetable production techniques.
- Must have the ability to organize and plan work effectively.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent required. BA or BS degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years experience in plant agriculture or related area.
- Agricultural background preferred. Seed industry knowledge is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work under different weather conditions such as extremes of temperature, rain, and dusty conditions.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to wear personal protective gear when required and/or necessary.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com