JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the operations of the warehouse; Receiving, stocking, processing and distributing materials. Activities include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which includes receiving, drying, ECW processes, cleaning, sizing, inventory, treating, packaging, and sampling activities.
This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for pulling sales orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment and completion of required paperwork.
- Responsible for proper delivery, receipt and stocking of seed from receiving and all work centers and completion of all required documentation and data entry.
- Pulls reports for cyclic testing and prepares required samples for cyclic updates.
- Performs inventory movements and completes required data entry.
- Performs daily cycle counts on inventory and reports results to inventory supervisor and other required managerial staff. Investigates problem areas and resolves discrepancies.
- Support other Logistics workstations or company departments as assigned or approved by the supervisor or Lead. Additional responsibilities may be required while working in other departments.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to this list:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and procedures.
- Raise issues with Supervisor or Lead when policies or procedures are not clear or not working.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of critical tasks not done.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of issues developing.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Must have excellent visual, mathematical, and judgmental skill.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed treating, cleaning and packaging process.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Must have ability to acquire Qualified Applicator Certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience desired.
- Minimum one year warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift 55 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year and work weekend duty as required.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.