JOB SUMMARY: Participates and supports in all department activities as determined by need. Main responsibility will be support in the packaging of ornamentals. Other activities assigned may include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer. These include shipping and receiving, drying, disinfection, ECW processes, cleaning, sizing, inventory, packaging and sampling activities as well as seed enhancement activities. This also includes the efficient operation of all necessary equipment in a safe and timely manner. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES*:
- Efficiently run and clean required seed conditioning, seed enhancement and packaging equipment in the Logistics Department.
- Assist in all inventory movements and processes as needed within the warehouse.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment in the Logistics Department.
- Perform inventory activities required for the maintenance of commercial inventory.
- Meet or exceed established target throughput for assigned area(s) while maintaining our quality specifications at all times.
- Support all Operation workstations and company departments as assigned. Additional responsibilities may be required while working in other departments.
- Maintains accurate inventory by conducting process controls; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Responsible for the computer data entry transactions to support all activities within scope of position.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly workstation. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Perform seed enhancement activities including Treating, Priming and/or Pelleting seed for sales and/or research demand.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures including those below:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and procedures.
- Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse.
- Maintain open communication with peers, leads and supervisors.
- Must have excellent visual, mathematical, and judgmental skill.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed treating, cleaning and packaging process.
- Must have ability to acquire Qualified Applicator Certificate if required.
- Must have ability to safely operate seed treating and drying equipment, forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management, supervisory staffing and fellow employees.
- Employee must demonstrate ability to work in a professional manner at all times.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on warehouse machinery.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience required.
- Minimum one-year warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Shipping and receiving experience desirable.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime and work weekend duty as required.
- Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work in dusty hot or cold conditions.
To Apply Please Send Resume to HR@Sakata.Com
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.