Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Responsible for various routine tasks used in maintaining the daily operations of Sakata Seed America facilities, including welding and fabrication of new structures or objects and repair of existing ones, installation of new equipment, maintenance of heating & refrigeration equipment, lights, bathroom facilities, forklifts, and warehouse machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Read and interpret blueprints and plans. Use blueprints along with other data, such as work plans, to develop and design welding projects.
- Ability to lay out, cut, fit, measure and weld metals to create the desired shape or object. Must have knowledge of techniques and tools to accomplish this detailed work.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the heating and refrigeration units to include new filters, belts, bearings and fuses on a monthly basis.
- Maintains all lighting and insures bulbs are replaced as needed.
- Maintains any plumbing problems in restroom facilities or warehouse areas.
- Coordinates the maintenance on all forklifts as required.
- Responsible for coordinating the maintenance and repair of production machinery with the support of warehouse employees.
- Perform and assist in the planning and installation of new equipment to fulfill warehouse and production needs.
- Oversee Facility and Grounds maintenance.
- Follow and maintain preventative maintenance programs and supporting documentation.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent visual discrimination and manual dexterity.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must be able to occasionally travel domestically to support projects in other Sakata facilities.
- Must have ability to read and understand technical written instructions.
- Must have ability to safely operate welding and metal fabrication equipment.
- Must have ability to trouble shoot and repair minor electrical problems.
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Welding and fabrication experience.
- Prior forklift experience.
- Prior heating and refrigeration repair experience.
- Prior electrical trouble shooting experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Heating & refrigeration repair school preferred.
- Compliance CALOSHA, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Electrical repair.
- Basic computer skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to work with excessive noise and be able to wear hearing protection.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to other Sakata facilities.
- Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.