Explorer is a spreading and cascading type of petunia bred for use as a ground cover in garden beds and for landscapers. Its trailing habit is also outstanding in hanging baskets. One Explorer plant can easily cover an area of 36 inches with blossoms measuring 2-3 inches in diameter. New flowers are produced at axillary nodes, not just the terminal, so continuous flowering is provided in the center of the plant. This petunia series flowers early in the spring and continues to flower under the short days of autumn. Explorer is weather tolerant and performs well all over the country, including coastal climates.
- Spreading and cascading type of petunia, particularly suitable as a ground cover for landscapers
- No bald spots – produces new flowers at axillary nodes, not just the terminal
- Short crop time: Early flowering even under low light
- Early to flower in the spring and continues to flower under the short days of autumn
- Salt tolerant, so superb for seaside/coastal plantings